There may be a place that tells you that Hong Kong’s pet import requirements are one of the toughest in the world, and bringing pets to Hong Kong is super expensive! But luckily, the dog you are intending to import to Hong Kong is from Japan, so it may not be as difficult as you think, at least for JP-Pets!
The condition to import dogs into Hong Kong is that your dog must be fitted with a Microchip and have a certificate of vaccination. A rabies titer test or rabies vaccine is not required.
Hong Kong requires an import permit and this permit is valid for 6 months. If you import many dogs, there will be an import permit for 5 or 10 dogs at a time.
You can find information about applying for an import permit here.
You cannot bring your dog with you in the cabin as excess luggage but must send the dog in the form of manifest cargo. This means that shipping costs will increase a lot.
Normally, in JP-Pets’ experience, from the time you choose the dog to the time you receive the dog in Hong Kong, the whole process will only take 5 to 7 days.
If you are from Hong Kong and want to buy a dog in Japan, contact us and we will find you the most loyal friend.
- 21/01/2022Australia Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022France Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022Vietnam Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022Malaysia Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022Macao Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022Thailand Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022Korea Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022Indonesia Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022United Kingdom Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022Taiwan Import Regulations