Before Bringing Dogs or Cats into Malaysia:
1. Check the breed of your dog to ensure whether it is allowed to be imported into Malaysia.
Restricted Breed of Dogs
German Shepard/Alsatian including Belgian Shepard and East
Perro de Presa Canario (also known as Canary Dog)
Banned Breed of Dogs
Pit Bull Terrier / Pit Bull (also known as American Pit Bull, American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier and Staffordshire Bull Terrier)
2. Ensure the pet has been vaccinated against Rabies and other core vaccines as practiced in the country of origin/exporting country. The vaccine must be valid upon the arrival of your pet in Malaysia.
3. Ensure the age of your pet is above 3 months old.
4. Ensure the pet is fit to travel.
5. Ensure your pet fulfills the Malaysia Import Regulations for Importation of Dogs/and Cats into Malaysia.
Link for the import regulation:
6. Obtain Veterinary Health Certificate from the exporting country’s competent veterinary authority prior to export.
7. Obtain an import permit from the Malaysian Quarantine and Inspection Service Department (MAQS) before the animal departs from the country of export.
For import permit application procedures, please contact MAQIS at;
- 21/01/2022Australia Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022France Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022Vietnam Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022Macao Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022Thailand Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022Korea Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022Indonesia Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022United Kingdom Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022Taiwan Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022Singapore Import Regulations