Note: These rules apply to Great Britain (England, Wales, and Scotland). There are different rules on pet travel into Northern Ireland.
You can enter or return to Great Britain with your pet cat, dog or ferret if it:
・has been microchipped
・has a pet passport or health certificate
・has been vaccinated against rabies – it will also need a blood test if you’re traveling from an country that is not ‘listed’
Dogs must also usually have a tapeworm treatment.
Your pet may be put into quarantine for up to 4 months if you do not follow these rules – or refused entry if you travel by sea. You’re responsible for any fees or charges.
If you bring a banned breed of dog into Great Britain it can be taken away from you by the police or local authorities and could be destroyed.
You must get your dog, cat or ferret vaccinated against rabies before it can travel. Your vet needs proof that your pet’s at least 12 weeks old before vaccinating them.
You must get your pet microchipped before, or at the same time as, their rabies vaccination. If you do not, they’ll need to be vaccinated again.
You must wait 21 days after the primary vaccination (or the last of the primary course of vaccinations) before bringing your pet to Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) from Japan.
If you are in the UK and want to buy dogs from Japan, we can help you!
Contact Us for more details!
- 21/01/2022Australia Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022France Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022Vietnam Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022Malaysia Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022Macao Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022Thailand Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022Korea Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022Indonesia Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022Taiwan Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022Singapore Import Regulations