According to the official Animal & Veterinary Service website of Singapore:
All applications for the import, export, or transshipment of personal pets (e.g. dog, cat, small mammals, ornamental bird) in Singapore must be applied for, by the pet owner or through an AVS-recognized pet agent. Please refer to the list of AVS-recognized pet agents. (Updated as of 3 Jan 2022)
Companies that are interested in onboarding as AVS-recognized pet agents are required to meet the following criteria and to pass a pet agent quiz.
1. Registration as a company (e.g. ACRA);
2. Operational for or employed to perform animal transport work for at least a year;
3. Good animal handling protocols of pet animals and understanding of import requirements; in compliance with the requirements of NParks/AVS and other agencies; and
4. Not undergoing NParks/AVS’ investigation or has a past enforcement history of any animal-related or forgery offenses
Steps to take before bringing dogs and cats into Singapore
Singapore is a very strict country when it comes to importing animals. Although Japan is a rabies-free country, dogs brought to Singapore from Japan are still required to be vaccinated against rabies and tested for rabies antibodies.
Breeds of dogs not allowed in Singapore
● Pit Bull, including:
- American Pit Bull Terrier (also known as American Pit Bull and Pit Bull Terrier).
- American Staffordshire Terrier.
- Staffordshire Bull Terrier.
- American Bulldog.
- Crosses of these and other breeds.
● Dogo Argentino.
● Fila Brasileiro.
● Neapolitan Mastiff.
● Perro De Presa Canario.
● Crosses of any of the above breeds.
Visit Singapore’s official website for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
If you find these preparatory steps too difficult, JP-Pets is happy to help. JP-Pets has many years of experience transporting dogs from Japan to Singapore, so we will be a reliable companion for you.
If you want to buy a dog in Japan and have it shipped to Singapore, please contact us.
- 21/01/2022Australia Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022France Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022Vietnam Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022Malaysia Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022Macao Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022Thailand Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022Korea Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022Indonesia Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022United Kingdom Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022Taiwan Import Regulations