If you are in New Zealand and want to import a dog from Japan, the dog must first meet the following import conditions:
☑ Must be at least 12 weeks old when leaving Japan
☑ Have lived in Japan for 6 months (or all the time after birth) before entering New Zealand.
☑ If the dog is pregnant, she must leave Japan before the 42nd day of pregnancy.
☑ Not a hybrid (excluding Bengal cats)
The initial combination vaccine should be one without leptospira. In some cases, the dog can not enter New Zealand if she has a Lept antibody.
In order to bring your pet, you must have a permit issued by MPI. MPI recommends that you apply for a permit at least 6 weeks in advance.
* MPI ▶ Abbreviation for Ministry of Primary Industries, which has jurisdiction over animal imports in New Zealand.
A microchip is required.
Japan is exempt from blood tests for rabies because there is no outbreak of rabies, but specific external and endoparasite repellents within 30 days, 4 days, and 2 days of departure, and certain cases such as leptospirosis. You must have a detailed examination (blood sampling) and vaccination for your illness. Contact the veterinary clinic and veterinary clinic to check the schedule for testing, vaccination, and pesticide administration. You will also need an English medical certificate issued by your veterinarian within 48 hours before leaving Japan.
All complicated import procedures from Japan to New Zealand are carried out by JP-Pets’ professional team.
You don’t need to worry about anything. We will inform you step by step so that you can understand the whole import process in detail. JP-Pets will regularly send you pictures and the health status of the dog that you are waiting for.
Contact us now for more details.
- 21/01/2022Australia Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022France Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022Vietnam Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022Malaysia Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022Macao Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022Thailand Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022Korea Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022Indonesia Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022United Kingdom Import Regulations
- 21/01/2022Taiwan Import Regulations